This guide will rush you through the low level area and get you rolling ASAP.
It is intended for those who have done this 5+ times already or for those who look for some guidance to optimize their start.
You log in with your character for the first time ever. You are in the starting zone. You have nothing but your undies.
Do not unpack your founder’s gear or mounts! You do not need them now! Depending on where you start, you may want to take a boat to meet up with your friends. But then it might be too expensive if you unpacked any founders gear!
Your first goal is: Unlock the T2 trees of the destiny board.
- look at your “destiny board quests” (bottom of the screen)
- (important!) do those quests step by step now until destiny board branches out!
- (best area to do this is the starter zone)
- don’t leave the zone yet
- those quests are:
* gather 3 ‘Rough Logs’ (T1), but let’s actually gather 25 logs total because you need them for other quests later!
* gather 3 ‘Rough Stone’ (T1), but let’s actually gather 21 stone total, because you need them for other quests later!
* walk to the Workbench and prepare to craft stuff
* Before you craft anything, TURN OFF CRAFTING FOCUS (click the workbench and turn off the orange hammer & saw icon next to the red ‘Craft’ icon). This returns materials on crafting, and you want to save this focus for higher tier things. If you do not turn it off, you will burn through all your crafting focus on Tier 1 items!
* craft 1 ‘Beginners Skinning Knife’ with the Stone & Lumber you gathered earlier (needs 3 each).
* Kill 1 Rabbit
* Gather 8 Rabbit Hide, but let’s actually gather 18 hide total, because you need them later!
* walk back to the Workbench and:
* craft 1 Medium Beginners Leather Armor (Chestpiece) (pick move speed passive)
* craft 1 Beginners Broadsword with the Stone & Lumber you gathered earlier (needs 6 each)
* craft 1 Beginner’s Pickaxe with the Stone & Lumber you gathered earlier (needs 3 each)
- DING DING DING, you unlocked the T2 nodes of the destiny board, but wait – let’s prepare the rest of the stuff we need before we leave!
- craft 1 ‘Beginners Shield’ with the Lumber you gathered earlier (4 logs).
- craft 1 ‘Medium Beginners Leather Hood’ with the Hide you gathered earlier. (4 hide) (pick move speed).
- craft 1 ‘Medium Beginner’s Leather Shoes’ with the Hide you gathered earlier. (4 hide) (pick move speed).
- craft 1 ‘Beginners Axe’ with the Stone & Lumber you gathered earlier (needs 3 each).
- craft 1 ‘Beginners Stone Hammer’ with the Stone & Lumber you gathered earlier (needs 3 each).
- craft 1 ‘Beginner’s Sickle’ with the Stone & Lumber you gathered earlier (needs 3 each).
- You are ready to leave the starter zone now!
- Quick checklist of the things you should have in your inventory before you move to the next zone:
* T1 sword
* T1 shield
* T1 leather armor (head,chest,boots)
* T1 pickaxe
* T1 wood axe
* T1 skinning knife
* T1 stone hammer
* T1 sickle
- make sure your destiny board quests (from above) are completed!
- Go to the next zone nao!
2. MORE BASICS
You just left the starting zone, you have your super basic T1 stuff and you just entered one of the T3 starter towns on the edges of the world.
Your goal is now: Gather T2 materials & kill easy mobs to unlock T3 crafting & item usage.
We will ignore low tier farming & alchemy unlocks in this tutorial, because you need your private island to do that, which will happen way later in the game.
You will straight up do nothing in the T3 starter-town and (after you teleport to the zone you need to be in, if you need to be in a different one) go harvest all the resources at once to advance to T3 unlocks straight away.
So yeah, ignore people running about in the T3 town and leave through one of the exits to the next zone.
The following step only applies if you want to teleport to a different T3 starter town.
If you do not need to do that – or in case you don’t know or don’t care where you go afterwards , skip this next (blue) section.
- If you are outside the T3 starter town, look on the minimap for an area where you can find Heretics, they drop silver and that is what you are after!
- Find one heretic, snipe him (don’t worry if you aggro two), kill him, loot him (you should have looted 10 silver or more), leave straight back to the T3 starter town you came from.
- Go to the Ship Captain and take the boat to the starter town you want to go to. It should cost you 10 silver.
- Leave through one of the exits of the T3 starter town again.
- [END OF SKIPPABLE SECTION]
Unpack your founder’s horse now if you have one, it will speed things up & allow you to move things.
Your goal is to gather a big chunk, maybe even all of the resources at once that you need to advance towards T3.
To do anything useful, you need to make yourself T2 tools first. So our first objective is to go out and gather enough resources so we can make ourselves a set of T2 tools.
We want to harvest enough T2 wood and T2 ore so we can make ourselves one of each tool. One T2 tool is 9 Birch Planks and 3 Copper Bars to make, so we need a total of:
- 45 Birch Logs
- 15 Copper Ore
After you have collected those resources, go back to the T3 starter town, refine your gathered resources and then craft yourself the tools listed below.
You will not be able to use them yet, because you need to unlock your ‘Trainee Gatherer’ node on the destiny board first.
Don’t worry, you can just carry them around with you and use them after you gathered enough T2. Just do not throw away your T1 Beginners Tools yet!
Craft the following T2 tools for yourself at the Toolmaker:
- 1 T2 Stone Hammer: 9 Wood Plank (T2), 3 Metal Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Wood Axe: 9 Wood Plank (T2), 3 Metal Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Skinning Knife: 9 Wood Plank (T2), 3 Metal Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Sickle: 9 Wood Plank (T2), 3 Metal Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Pickaxe: 9 Wood Plank (T2), 3 Metal Bar (T2)
After you crafted your tools, leave the city again and go look for more resources.
Your next goal: Gather enough resources to make yourself one of each weapon type and one of each armor type, so you can use them later to unlock T3 items for use.
We want to craft ourselves the following things, because we will need them later:
- 1 T2 Bag: 12 Stiff Leather (T2), 12 Simple Cloth (T2)
- 1 T2 Cape: 4 Stiff Leather (T2), 4 Simple Cloth (T2)
- 1 T2 Sword: 16 Copper Bar (T2), 8 Stiff Leather (T2)
- 1 T2 Shield: 4 Copper Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Heavy Novice’s Plate Armor (Chest): 16 Copper Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Heavy Novice’s Plate Helmet (Head): 8 Copper Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Novice’s Bow: 32 Birch Planks (T2)
- 1 T2 Medium Novice Leather Armor: 16 Stiff Leather (T2)
- 1 T2 Medium Novice’s Leather Shoes: 8 Stiff Leather (T2)
- 1 T2 Novice’s Fire Staff: 16 Birch Planks (T2), 8 Copper Bar (T2)
- 1 T2 Light Novice’s Robe: 16 Simple Cloth (T2)
This amounts to a total amount of:
- 48 Stiff Leather
- 52 Copper Ore
- 48 Birch Logs
- 32 Cotton
So you leave the starter town again and harvest the resources listed above. If you harvest more resources than the amounts listed, you can keep those resources if you want to use them for crafting later. But the amounts listed above are the minimum of each resource you need to gather to make all your armors and weapons at once that you need to unlock all T3 items for use.
After you have the above resources or more in your inventory, go back to your T3 starter town and refine them.
Craft yourself the following things now (all T2):
- Plate Armor
- Plate Helmet
- Leather Armor (move speed passive)
- Leather Shoes (move speed passive)
- Fire Staff
- Cloth Armor
Now it its the time that you will slowly have to use your own brain to figure out what you want to do do next.
If you want to get to farming silver ASAP, make sure you have the above things in your inventory and go straight towards farming mobs. Look for Heretics and green-zone dungeons. You can easily solo them with your new gear. You are making phat stacks of $$ now!
Kill anything that gives you fame. Repeat until you unlock the T3 weapon node, continue until you unlock the T3 armor node of the armor you are currently wearing. After you unlock the node of the weapon or armor you are currently using, swap out your weapon or armor and continue to farm mobs. Do this until you can use all T3 weapons and T3 armors!
Goal reached: unlock all T3 weapons & armor (grats!)
[ IMPORTANT ] More guides and news in UPAlbion.com.